Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Why



Any time I start reading a blog I always ask myself 2 questions.

1.Why are they writing this? and 2. Should I waste my time reading this?

The answer to 1. usually varies from complete self-absorption to actually wanting to make the world a better place. There are some amazing blogs that are fun and interesting and actually teach you stuff, and then there are those that simply suck you further into the abyss of someones black hole of a life view. I hope that we can avoid that here. My fingers are crossed.

The answer to 2 is occasionally yes, but more often, overwhelmingly no. I hoard my time on the computer. I procrastinate with precision precisely for the opportunity to waste those precious minutes. (I obviously read a lot of Dr. Seuss.) I don't want to waste my time reading a blog that sucks the fun out of life. That is the one promise we can make you, we will not suck the fun out of your life. While I am on the subject there are a few campaign promises I would like to make to the Readers here, (yes Readers I am giving you the caps R, I have that much respect for you, don't let me down)






  • I will not bitch about my day, unless it is in a scathing review of something.



  • I will not try to convert you to any of my views, its cool, we can disagree, perhaps even have some intellectual discourse on some tough hitting issues, like whether you should or should not hold your pinkie while you are drinking. (You shouldn't, its completely douchy)



  • Occasionally we will talk about things other than Columbus. Sorry to all of you one-track-minders but sometimes it may need to be done.



  • I will post pictures. There is nothing worse that a blog that is sans the photographic art. Its like when people post ads on Craigslist and don't put up pictures of what they are selling. How do I know if I want to meet you the middle of the night at an abandoned mine so we can do a forbidden sex act if you don't include a pic (or if I want to buy your couch?)



So now that I've told you all the things I wont do, (which is a bit Negative Nancy of me) Let me tell you why we are doing this, it just needs to be done. There used to be quite a few blogs about Columbus, but alas, sadly they have widdled down to a select few. We are going to cover the Columbus that is accessible to US, the post-college, not-quite stably employed masses that teem over this awesome city. We still love Ohio State, but need a bit of a change in the scene. We have a little money, but not enough to by $150 tickets to events and not near enough to have a serious dinner at Hyde Park or the Ocean Club, but could eat comfortably at Press Grill. There are so many places to go, with so much to see and experience that we felt an obligation to our fellow Columbus-ites to go forth and conquer Columbus; if not for you, then simply for ourselves.






1 comment:

  1. Haha!

    Megan, I am so freaking glad you are going to be blogging. You are funny. This is a funny post.

    My answers:

    1- I blog because I have a terrible memory. I have to read my own blog to remember what has happened in my life. Sad story. Sad, true story.

    2- No. Never. But when I read at work.... Hehe. ;)

    ReplyDelete